GETTING TO THE RACE
The race starts and finishes at the Ross Dock Picnic Area in the Palisades Interstate Park in Fort Lee, NJ. There is very limited parking on site during Rock the River on a first come-first serve basis. However, we provide free shuttle buses from the nearby Mack-Cali parking facility at 1 Bridge Plaza North in Fort Lee, NJ. We strongly suggest that you park at 1 Bridge Plaza and ride the shuttles to make your travel easier and faster.
The entrance to the parking facility and the shuttle bus pickup is on Central Road near the intersection with Merkle St.
You can also bike to the race. Secure bike racks and bag check will be available during the race.
Directions are listed below the map.
Here's how to get there:
From NYC, take the 7:55 AM New Jersey Transit line 171 bus from the George Washington Bridge Bus Station to Fort Lee GWB Plaza West (the first stop). When you get off the bus you will walk to the shuttle bus pick-up at 1 Bridge Plaza in Fort Lee, NJ. The pickup is The shuttle will take you to Ross Dock. Shuttles run from 7:00AM - 2:00PM. Download the bus schedule here.
These directions will get you to the parking garage at 1 Bridge Plaza North in Fort Lee. The entrance to the parking garage and the location for the bus pickup are on Central Rd near the intersection with Merkle St in Fort Lee.
- From Route 46: Coming from the West on Route 46, follow signs for US-9W/Fort Lee/Palisades Pkwy. Exit and continue onto Kelby St. Kelby St becomes Bridge Plaza S/Bruce Reynolds Blvd. After just less than ½ mile, turn left onto Lemoine Ave and cross I-95. Take the first right after you cross I-95. Follow this road until it makes a sharp left, becoming Central Rd. The entrance to the parking facility will be on your left.
- From Route 4 and I-95 local lanes: Coming from the West on Route 4, take the I-95 N exit on the left toward George Washington Bridge/New York City and merge onto I-95 E. Route 4 merges with US-1 and I-95. Continue onto George Washington Bridge/I-95 Lower Level N/US-1 Lower Level N, then take exit 73 toward NJ-67/Lemoine Ave/Fort Lee. After exiting, turn left onto Center Ave and cross back over I-95. Take the first right onto Bridge Plaza N and continue through the sharp left turn where Bridge Plaza North becomes Central Rd. The parking facility will be on your left.
- From I-95 Express Lanes: From the I-95 Express lanes, take exit 73 toward NJ-67/Fort Lee. As you exit, continue onto Martha Washington Way/Park Ave then turn right onto Bruce Reynolds Blvd. Next, turn right onto Lemoine Ave and cross back over I-95. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Bridge Plaza N/Cross St and continue until it turns a sharp left, becoming Central Rd. The parking garage will be on your left.
- From New York City: Take I-95 South to Fort Lee, crossing the George Washington Bridge. Take exit 73 toward US-9W/NJ-67/Fort Lee. Keep to the right and follow signs for Hudson Terrace. Turn left onto Hudson Terrace then take another left onto Merkle St. The parking facility will be directly in front of you as you get to Central Rd.
- From Points North: Take the Palisades Interstate Parkway South to the Hudson Terrace exit (the last exit before the George Washington Bridge, south of exit 1). Turn left onto Hudson Terrace, then drive 1/2 mile to Merkle St and turn right. After a few hundred feet, turn left onto Central Road. The entrance to the parking garage at 1 Bridge Plaza North will be on your left.
From the George Washington Bridge, take Hudson Terrace south. The entrance to the park and Henry Hudson Drive will be on your right just past the Bridge. Follow Henry Hudson Drive to the north until you reach Ross Dock. You can map your trip at www.mapmyride.com.
Secure bike storage will be available during the race. Make the Palisades Race a brick challenge and bike to the race!